Exalted Third Edition (The Onyx Path Publishing)
Deluxe Exalted 3rd Edition. Richard Thomas und The Onyx Path legen ihren 6. Kickstarter vor.
Nach den erfolgreichen Ausflügen mit Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary, Deluxe Werewolf 20th Anniversary Edition und Mummy: The Curse in die Welt der Dunkelheit, führt der Weg in Richtung Anime, Manga und Fantasy. Das Erbe von White Wolf wird also auch an dieser Stelle fortgeführt.
Während ich diesen Text verfasse, erreicht das Projekt die angestrebten 60000 $ in rund 18 Minuten. Bis zum 8. Juni 2013 freut sich das Projekt über jeden Unterstützer.
Exalted Third Edition: The East (The Onyx Path Publishing)
Ich möchte niemanden zu nahe treten, Splittermond werde ich mir sicher ansehen, vielleicht gar kaufen, aber wirklich interessiere ich mich dafür nicht. Das Phänomen ist wesentlich interessanter als das Produkt selbst. Die Neuauflage des Rollenspiels Exalted zieht meine Aufmerksamkeit eher auf sich.
Gibt es aus Deutschland ein brauchbares Rollenspiel mit einem einigermaßen nachvollziehbaren Alleinstellungsmerkmal? Ratten? Malmsturm? Degenesis? DungeonSlayers und Das Schwarze Auge sind definitiv austauschbare Stangenware. Deutschland baut Autos und Maschinen. In Sachen Fantasy sind wir leider ein Entwicklungsland. Unsere Nachbarn aus Frankreich scheinen kreativer und offener zu sein.
Neben Earthdawn gehört Exalted zu den wenigen recht brauchbaren High Fantasy-Rollenspielen.
Das System war für meinen Geschmack bisher etwas zu klobig, doch der inspirierende Hintergrund abseits des Elfen, Zwergen und Orks-Schemata (EDO) bügelt diese Schwäche locker aus.
Auf jeden Fall sind die neuen Veröffentlichungen für Vampire: The Masquerade produktionstechnisch mehr als überzeugend. Klare Empfehlung für Fans von visuell und haptisch schönen Büchern.
“Contribute to help us give the Deluxe Exalted 3rd Edition a leather bound, embossed+, metallic-edged, full-color, deluxe treatment.
WHAT IS EXALTED
This is the tale of a forgotten age before the seas were bent, when the world was flat and floated atop a sea of chaos. This is the tale of a decadent empire raised up on the bones of the fallen Golden Age, whose splendor it faintly echoed but could not match. This is a tale of primal frontiers, of the restless dead, of jeweled cities ruled openly by spirits in defiance of Heaven’s law. This is a tale of glorious heroes blessed by the gods, and of their passions and the wars they waged in the final era of legends.
This is your tale.
This is Exalted. What legends will they tell of your deeds?
HISTORY OF EXALTED
Exalted is a popular role-playing game that debuted in 2001 from White Wolf Publishing. This unique take on fantasy gaming generated dozens of supplements, an Exalted the Comic Series from Udon, and thousands of fans. In 2012, Shards of the Exalted Dream was published in conjunction with Onyx Path Publishing. This was the last Exalted title published for the game in its current form.
Drawing inspiration from legendary writers like Robert E. Howard, Lord Dunsany, Tanith Lee, and Michael Moorcock, White Wolf fused pulp fantasy with operatic drama found in Greek and Chinese epics (Illiad, Odyssey, and Romance of the Three Kingdoms), then sprinkled in high-octane cinematic action illustrated in dynamic modern manga and anime. The result was a sprawling, decadent world of venal gods, beautiful-but-terrifying horror, and epic heroes that captured the imagination of players around the globe.
Now, White Wolf and Onyx Path want to revive and refresh the entire game line with the help of a few familiar faces. Exalted 3rd Edition is the first book scheduled for this acclaimed fantasy game. The new edition will return to its original roots and will also expand the setting for a new generation of players. This revamped take on a fan favorite will be accompanied by a fresh game system, built from the ground up to best represent Exalted.
A robust line of supplements have already been planned for the months and years that follow, detailing flash-points of conflict within Creation and offering various playable Exalted champions who’re fighting for control of the oncoming Age.
WHAT’S IN EXALTED 3E
Exalted 3rd Edition depicts both a revitalized and expanded Creation, and the triumphant return of the Solar Exalted—but whether their rebirth will herald the salvation or destruction of the world, none can say. The system redesign takes the best parts of the previous editions and streamlines the mechanics for maximum playability.
• New! Story – Read new fiction by original Exalted developer and author Geoff Grabowski.
• New! Artwork – See the Realm in a new light with stunning artwork by both new and classic Exalted artists working under the direction of Maria Cabardo. Here’s a brand new sample that’ll debut in Exalted 3rd Edition
• New! Expanded Locales – Expand your campaigns with a detailed overview of the sprawling and decadent Second Age of Man. In addition to classic locales such as Chiaroscuro and Nexus, find many new locations not detailed in previous editions, from the treacherous intrigues of Port Calin to the proud warriors of the frigid plains and forests of Medo, held in check only by the iron hand of the Realm.
• New! Maps – Find a re-imagined map of Creation. The Exalted 3rd Edition map retains the elemental character of classic Creation, but is significantly larger and features new frontiers to discover and fight for.
• New! Intrigue and Mystery – Discover a revitalized Realm, still standing at the brink of civil war, but more dangerous than ever before; and the Lunar dominions which harry its borders, seeking redress for ancient crimes while pursuing modern ambitions.
• New! Exalted Types—Encounter never-before-seen Exalts: The Getimian Exalted, drawn from stillborn destinies to serve as agents in one man’s war against Heaven. The Liminal Exalted who stand at the border between life and death, humanity and monstrosity. And finally, the “black market” champions of forbidden gods, made with divine power stolen from the hand of the Unconquered Sun.
• New! Expanded Character Creation – Create and play Solar Exalted characters and compelling mortal heroes with more information and fleshed out details.
• New! Merit System – Customize characters more easily and precisely than ever before with a new system of Merits.
• New! Magical Equipment – Be more prepared for battle with a new and more compelling treatment of magical weapons and armor, including Evocations—Charms and other miracles that may be gained by establishing rapport with mystical artifacts.
• New! Combat System – Fight with a new cinematic combat engine, primed to deliver dynamic, exciting, and easily resolved battles between heroes, gods, and armies.
• New! Charms – Explore a vibrant new Charm set encompassing both classic Solar powers from previous editions and all-new powers to shift the course of Creation.
…and much, much more!
Backers will receive previews of these new elements during the course of the Kickstarter. Be sure to watch the updates for more information!”
- Deluxe Exalted 3rd Edition product description