Favourite inspiration for your game?
Other (roleplaying) games – analyse and try them, if you can.
Surprise, even games I do not like have at least one or two good ideas. For example, the basic dice mechanics of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3rd Edition or the similar Star Wars RPG trilogy (both Fantasy Flight Games) are really inspirational. In my opinion, you get much more than numbers out of these custom dice.
Books, comics, TV shows, movies, artwork, etc. are my other sources of inspiration. So far,so little new here, but the examination and playtesting of other (roleplaying) games is for me the greatest inspiration.
Autocratik’s answer:Weitere interessante Artikel?
- #RPGaDay2015 – Favourite Fantasy RPG? Legend of the Five Rings Roleplaying Game
- #RPGaDay2015 – Favourite idea for merging two games into one? L5R/Qin RPGs with PbtA
- #RPGaDay2015 – Favourite game you no longer play? Tunnels & Trolls
- #RPGaDAY2015 – Favourite Revolutionary Game Mechanic? Shared Narrative Control
- #RPGaDAY2015 – Favourite New Game of the last 12 month? Mutant: Year Zero