Twitter. Meme time: The
#fourRPGs that influenced me the most. It’s not the typical list of the best or favorite roleplaying games, instead I talk about inspiration and personal „game changers“. Overlaps with my hot list seem inevitable, though.
- Tunnels & Trolls (Flying Buffalo)
A lesson about creativity, free thinking and social proof. In the early days nearly everybody played D&D. Many of them looked down on us. Today, compare the task resolution of both games, etc.
- Cyberpunk 2013 (R. Talsorian Games)
Dark Future and Hardwired, baby. There was and is more than high fantasy heroes. Much more.
- In Nomine Satanis/Magna Veritas (Truant Verlag – not the US remake!)
Religion, dogma and blind fanatism – Europe has some great roleplaying game designers. Ambiguous black humor paired with wanton destruction. In my experience one of the most violent and thought provoking games I ever played.
- Dust Devils (Matt Snyder)
A grim wild west storytelling game without a traditional gamemaster. The right to tell the story changes based on highest card played. A game from 2002 with only 25 pages that influenced my current prefered play style a lot.
Honorable Mention: Recently, everything Powered by the Apocalypse (especially tremulus)!Weitere interessante Artikel?
- The Ladykillers: Free Playstest by Dust Devils Author Matt Snyder
- #RPGaDAY – Third Week
- Fantasy Flight Games: Battlefront Miniatures to Take Over Distribution of Dust Tactics and Dust Warfare
- Paolo Parentes DUST Adventures RPG in 2014
- #RPGaDAY – First Week